Friday, June 25, 2010

Silly Little Game




















Fantasy Baseball represents a significant portion of the multi-million dollar industry that is Fantasy Sports. Each year more and more people play with their family, their friends, or complete strangers online. Any way you look at it, Fantasy Baseball is no longer a "silly little game."

This blog is mostly out of boredom, but when you combine that with my utter infatuation with the sport, the need to voice my opinions overrides my laziness.

Baseball is not just a game, it's a national past-time. It has the longest and most grueling season of all the major sports. The game is not perfect (that post, is for another day), but it is entertaining no matter what. Most kids envision themselves hitting the homerun to win Game 7 of the World Series. As we get older, however, and we realize that our dreams likely won't come true, a lot of us shift those dreams to managing a big league team. Fantasy Baseball lets you do this. Daily roster moves, free agents, trades, the works.

Hopefully throughout the course of this blog I give some solid fantasy advice, but if not I hope you at least enjoy reading my articles.